Tuesday 9 September 2014

Production Log

Today’s lesson was an introduction to the course and what we be will be focusing on this year in media studies.
We started our preliminary task of the coursework which is to create a magazine to promote Haydon school, we will only be making a front cover and contents page. This will test our magazine making skills and also help us when we start the real tasks of the coursework. In this lesson I started to sketch both of these pages on paper before starting to make them on the computer. My front cover was a mid shot of girl in Haydon uniform, this represents Haydon school well and will attract the students because they can relate to it, The name of my magazine is Haydon shout, I put this at the top of the page and will make sure it is bold and stands out, preferably in a blue colour as this is one of the main colours of the school. I included a few sell lines on the front cover making sure they would attract the target audience. The contents page had a background of the school and then several titles and numbers down the page. This will further tell the reader what will be included in the magazine and will help them to find any specific pages that they want to see. After I finished sketching my ideas I then used a camera to take any necessary pictures that I needed for my magazine. Next lesson I will scan in my sketches and upload the pictures that I took so that I can start to make my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment