Monday 15 September 2014

Production Log 2&3

In both of these lessons I focused on the front cover for my magazine, and successfully finished it by the end of lesson 3. Firstly I used a Camera to collect a number of photographs of a student and also a number of different places in the school, that I could then transfer on to the computer and use in my magazine. I decided on a mid shot of the student wearing uniform because I thought it represented the school well and would attract the target audience because they are of a similar age group. After choosing which images I wanted to use, I cut out the backgrounds on Photoshop so that I could then transfer them to In design, this looked a lot better than keeping the original background of the photo. I then enlarged the image until I was happy with how It looked, I decided to make the background of my magazine cover a light blue, however I made it gradient so that it started off blue and faded in to white. This was because I thought that a complete blue background looked too strong and that the gradient background was more subtle and professional looking and still used the Haydon colour of blue. I then produced a bold and bright title ‘Haydon shout’ I made this red because it stood out well on the blue background. I placed the Haydon logo behind the writing so that it was recognizable to the target audience. Lastly I placed four sell lines on to the magazine; all which I already planned from my sketch, I then arranged these on the page until they looked even on both sides and they still stood out but didn't take the attention of from the main image and title. Next lesson I will start to make my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment